Adobe Creative Cloud
At the beginning of Spring semester 2017, Adobe software has transitioned from being a device license install to the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App sign-in requirement for all MJ computers. This change enables several benefits over the previous method as noted below.
- Versioning conflicts should become a thing of the past as Adobe applications will stay up-to-date (within a reasonable amount of time after their release)
- Students/users will have access to their cloud files as they log in
- Users will be able to select and update any apps at any time, even if the scheduled update has yet to run (we anticipate a weekly trigger for the update schedule)
Some things to keep in mind that will be a bit different than the previous install are:
- Users will need to login with their Adobe ID before gaining access to any of the Adobe CC apps
- Students will need to signup for their free Adobe CC pass. All relevant information can be found at http://adobe.unc.edu. Please encourage your students to sign up on day one of class.
- All other users can obtain an Adobe ID via http://adobe.unc.edu as well. Please contact us if you need assistance.
- If you are signed in at more than two computers, you will be prompted to sign out of your other sessions before you can launch a new session. This is done automatically or you can choose to manually sign out of one or both.
Here are a couple quick tutorials to get you started: